Terry Connor is not convinced someone else would have done a better job than he has so far in his time in charge at Wolves.
Connor was promoted from assistant manager last month to take over as boss after the sacking of Mick McCarthy.
Connor defended his record, saying: "This is what happens if you are in a tough league like the Premier League. Every game is very difficult, hard whether you are at home or away. It is difficult to gather those points, so I'm not sure if we had got a new manager whether he would have had more success than I have had."
Since then, Wanderers have taken just one point from three Barclays Premier League games, Connor overseeing a 2-2 draw at Newcastle, a thumping 5-0 defeat at Fulham and a 2-0 loss to fellow strugglers Blackburn at Molineux.
That latest result left Wolves - who have won only once in 14 league matches - 19th in the table and fans vented their anger at the club's board, with banners being unfurled in the stands, boos ringing out at the final whistle and a section of supporters protesting before and after the game outside the stadium, prompting chairman and owner Steve Morgan to eventually go and speak to those involved.
In his programme notes for the match, chief executive Jez Moxey referred to the search for McCarthy's successor, stressing: "To repeat what I said at the time, we only offered the job to ONE candidate prior to appointing Terry."
Asked if he thought the supporters would stick with him, Connor said: "You will have to ask the fans that. I'm sure everyone knows that I'm here 24/7, working as hard as I can for the good of the football club.
"That is all I can do, and I will leave the judgments to other people. I think it is a great opportunity for me, I really do. I knew how difficult it would be, but we have all stuck together.
"All we are trying to do is be competitive over the 38 games. If we are, and we have enough points come May 13, then we will all be happy and deem it a successful season."