Premier League - Papers: Mancini in Adebayor row
With each new day comes a new report of a bust-up between manager and player but this time the problem seems to be at Manchester City.
A day after numerous papers told stories of a row between Avram Grant and Kieron Dyer (since refuted by the midfielder), the News of the World brings spreads word of a fight further north between Roberto Mancini and Emmanuel Adebayor.
The Togolese striker apparently had to be restrained by stunned team-mates after Mancini accused him of faking an injury in the build-up to the draw with Blackburn Rovers last weekend.
Adebayor was unhappy to be axed for the opening game of the season against Tottenham Hotspur, with friends preventing the 26-year-old from confronting Mancini, and tensions have reportedly been simmering ever since then.
"There was a minor disagreement between Roberto Mancini and Emmanuel Adebayor last week about the timescale of his return from injury," a City spokesman is said to have told the News of the World. "But it has been resolved."
Adebayor is also set to further anger his club by announcing that he will come out of international retirement and return to the Togo national squad (Sunday Mirror).
He quit the national set-up at the African Nations Cup in April after narrowly avoiding death when terrorists fired on the team bus in Angola.
Togo have now gone six games without a win, however, and the country's FA, national coach Thierry Froger and sports minister Christophe Tchao are set to launch a bid to win Adebayor back.
Elsewhere at Eastlands, Aleksandar Kolarov could be facing a longer-than-expected stint on the sidelines with his ankle injury, sustained during the game at Spurs on the opening day, set to keep him out until November.
The Serb, who arrived at City from Lazio on a £17 million deal in the summer, was expected to return within three weeks but remains on crutches and is apparently nowhere near a return.
Hicks apparently plans to sign a re-finance agreement with one of the biggest private equity firms on October 1, prompting the rest of the Anfield board to mount a legal challenge.
Along with all the boardroom uncertainty, Roy Hodgson should also be concerned about his position if the Daily Star Sunday is to be believed.
According to the paper Martin O'Neill is set for a return to football as the next boss at Anfield.
The 51-year-old Italian signed a three-year £3 million-a-year deal when he arrived at Stamford Bridge from Milan last season but that is set to be extended by at least two years if talks go well with owner Roman Avramovich.
Manchester-based Kennedy McKeand is planning to take legal action against Lee Anderson following Silvestre's free transfer to Werder Bremen this summer, claiming the Frenchman signed a five-month representation contract with them in April which entitled them to a five per cent cut of his wages should he move to a club in the UK, Germany or Turkey.
Middlesborough are bidding to sign Newcastle striker Leon Best on a one-season loan as he continues to struggle in nailing down a regular first team spot, especially since the arrival of Ben Arfa (News of the World).