Injuries, suspensions, transfers and arrests. We've got it all this week, save for car crashes.
Bit of an awkward week though as well as we're locking down Saturday but the league games won't be played until Tuesday and Wednesday. So hit and hope. But what do we know? Well...
- FA Cup - Team news: Terry out for Chelsea
- Campbell missing for FA Cup clash
- Gerrard poised for FA Cup action
- Mido Makes Latics Loan Move
- Bullard is only absentee for Roy
- Yobo set for bench role at Anfield
- Santa Cruz in line for Rovers start
- Villa agree £3.5m Heskey fee
- Valencia confirm Cesar capture
- Pennant poised for Pompey debut
- Laursen Out For Two Months
- Terry to sit out Tractor Boys clash
- Manucho tasked with taming Lions
- Patched-up Boro prepare for Wolves
- Injuries mounting up for Sir Alex
- Hull Confirm Permanent Zayatte Deal
- Toon get their hands on Lovenkrands
- Ashley banned for Donny cup clash
- King Joins Boro
Read the articles... there's just too much there for us to spell it all out. There's a ridiculous amount of injury news and most of it looks sure to carry over into the league games. The ones that were news to me were Laursen, Kieron Richardson (KRich), Krancjar, and Jason Roberts (JRob) injured. Ashley Young (BFAY) and Digard will be suspended, but I think Fellaini and Clichy should be back from suspension for the league games.
On the transfer front the merry-go round is in full swing. Palacios to Spurs but he'll be suspended for the Stoke match. Bullard to Hull... not sure how that impacts fantasy value but it takes him out of the running for Fulham's upcoming double week. We'll have to see how Bullard does at Hull though he's likely to remain a good option. Though he may end Kilbane's brief fantasy revival.
I'll be very interested to see how Fulham respond. Who will take kicks? A rennaissance for Murphy or a reappearance of Davies? Will their forwards see more of the ball with one less shoot-on-sight middie on the field?
Same goes for Wigan. How will they respond with Heskey to Villa now as well as their having lost Palacios. They're a new team going forward, and honestly not as good as they were. Michael Brown in central midfield? Oy! And of course Camara still not in the system though he did really well with Heskey and/or Zaki injured this season.
As for Heskey, he won't be as prolific as Carew was for Villa but will give them the target they need. It should help the short-term value of Milner and Barry and longer-term (when he's back) BFAY.
No MDOT or MMM as it would be pointless (and really frustrating if something actually happens this weekend that we can't respond to as fantasy managers). But then midweek fun! Until then... good luck!