Phil Scolari and Neymar
That's the obvious inference to take after Neymar's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, launched a devastating attack on Scolari via Twitter on Wednesday
With Scolari seemingly certain to quit his job as Brazil coach after Saturday's third-place play-off, Ribeiro clearly felt free to air his true feelings with a six-point list posted via Twitter lambasting the national team boss.
6 quesitos para ser técnico da Seleção Brasileira . pic.twitter.com/LRdJSgdIbC
— Wagner Ribeiro (@wagneribeiro_) July 9, 2014
The message translates as follows:
Six prerequisites for becoming Brazil manager:
1. Go and manage Portgual, and don't win anything
2. Go and manage Chelsea, and get sacked
3. Go and manage Uzbekistan
4. Return to Brazil, take over a great team, and get them relegated to the second division
5. Ask to be released from your contract 56 days before the end of the season to avoid being tainted by that relegation
6. Be an old douchebag, arrogant, repulsive, big-headed and ridiculous
Though of course it is perhaps a bit disrespectful to miss off some of the other bits on Scolari's CV, namely winning the World Cup with Brazil in 2002.
And while he didn't win anything with Portugal, he did get them to the final of Euro 2004, and the semi-finals of the 2006 World Cup. That's the sort of 'failure' most national team managers would kill for.
But as for that Chelsea and Uzbekistan stuff? Bazinga!
- Sports & Recreation