1) WHAT THE PUCK...? Calgary Flames' goalie Miikka Kiprusoff stretches before the start of their NHL hockey game against the Anaheim Ducks in Calgary.
2) SHREDDED TYRES - Toro Rosso Formula One driver Jean-Eric Vergne of France arrives in the pits with a shredded tyre during the Bahrain Grand Prix at the Sakhir circuit.
3) WAXING LYRICAL - An Indian cricket supporter kneels in front of a wax figure of Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar during a promotional event at the SCG.
4) FACE OF FATIGUE - Runners pass another battling fatigue during the London Marathon.
5) BOUNCERS AND BALLS - Security hold back fans who wait for an autograph by Spain's Rafael Nadal following a training session during the first round of the Monte Carlo Masters.
6) MUST BE WOODWORM - Toronto Blue Jays' Colby Rasmus hits a broken bat single in the sixth inning of their American League MLB game against the New York Yankees.
7) UM... WOW! - Italy's Carlotta Ferlito competes on the floor during the women's apparatus finals at the European Men's and Women's Artistic Gymnastic Individual Championships in Moscow.
8) WHERE IS THE POGO STICK? - Arsenal's Bacary Sagna challenges Everton's Steven Pienaar during their Premier League match at Emirates Stadium.
9) GASOL GRAPPLING - Los Angeles Lakers Pau Gasol of Spain loses control of the ball during their NBA basketball game against the Houston Rockets.
11) SLAM DUNKS IN THE LONG JOHNS - New York Knicks guard J.R. Smith splits the defence of Boston Celtics center Kevin Garnett and forward Paul Pierce in the second half of their NBA Eastern Conference quarter-finals basketball play-off series.