- 90+4'End to end stuff at Estadio da Luz. Cavaleiro almost grabs a third for Benfica but Caceres puts in a great block. And that's it! Benfica win 2-1. What a game!
- 90+3'WHAT A MISS! Chiellini is completely unmarked at the back post. He could take a touch, but elects to shoot first time and blasts wide!
- 90+2'Now then. Juventus force a late free-kick inside the Benfica half. Time to send the big lads forward.
- 90+1'Three added minutes signalled.
- 90'ANOTHER CHANCE! Marchisio tries to smash the ball past Artur at his near-post. Beaten clear.
- 89'CHANCE! A mix-up between Pereira and Luisao sees the ball breaks to Marchisio. Can he snatch a draw? No! He shoots straight at the keeper.
- 88'Almeida goes into the book for a horrific lunge. Lucky it was only yellow.
- Benfica Yellow card
- 87'Dani Osvaldo makes a nuisance of himself in the opposition penalty area. Free-kick to Benfica.
- 86'CLOSE! Markovic drags an effort narrowly wide!
- 85'It all came from a speedy break down the right. Now it's Juve who are rocking.
- 84'GOAL! Benfica 2-1 Juventus. Lima rifles a shot into the top corner! What a finish!
- Benfica Goal
Right Footed - Top Right
- 83'Couple of changes shown below... Tevez and Gomes hauled off.
- Juventus Substitution
- 82'Markovic booms the ball out of play after evading a couple of challenges.
- Benfica Substitution
- 81'Garay heads the set-piece back across goal... It's cleared by the yellow contingent.
- 80'Lima holds the ball up expertly and forces a free-kick.
- 79'Just seen a replay of Tevez’s celebration. It’s a touch odd.
- 77'A real confidence emanating from the yellow shirts. Can Benfica hold on?
- 76'Giovinco scampers after a ball down the left but, despite reaching it, accidentally boots it out of play.
- 75'Benfica are rattled. They gift possession back to Juventus inside their own half. There’s another goal in this contest…
- 74'In all the madness, Artur went into the book for the hosts.
- 73'Finally! Tevez ends his European drought.
- Juventus Goal
Right Footed - Bottom Left
- 72'GOAL! Juventus 1-1 Benfica. Tevez shifts the ball, puts Luisao on his backside, and squeezes his shot through Artur’s legs.
- 71'Into the final 20 minutes. Juventus have had the better of the second half but can’t find a way through.
- Benfica Yellow card
- 69'Juventus flood forward as a pack again but can’t break through a resilient Benfica defence.
- 68'Pereira dives in to clear a cross from the right. Great defending.
- 67'Luisao heads way from inside the area. He wants a corner. Doesn't get it.
- 66'Chiellini hacks down Lima. Chance for Benfica to fling the ball into the mixer.
- Juventus Substitution
- 65'Vucinic, who has endured a frustrating evening, is replaced by Sebastian Giovinco.
- 64'Not something hear all that often: Pirlo's delivery has been disappointing tonight.
- 63'Tevez has a dig from outside the area. Deflected behind.
- Benfica Substitution
- 62'The crowd rise as one to salute the work of Cardozo. Rodrigo Lima becomes Benfica's second substitution.
- 61'Perez loiters on the ball with options left and right. Hmmm. Not his best moment of the match as he dawdles too long and concedes possession.
- Benfica Substitution
- 60'Sulejmani departs the action. On comes Andre Almeida.
- 59'Come on, Vucinic. Get involved. The Juventus forward has been anonymous.
- 58'The game is really opening out – the sides taking it in turns to attack. Currently it’s Benfica’s go.
- 56'Down the other end, Enzo Perez goes down inside the penalty area under pressure from Caceres. No penalty.
- 55'Pogba leaps at the back post and lands his forehead on the ball… Great save from Artur!
- 54'The fans continue to sing, clap and jeer - trying to make life as difficult for the Italians.
- 53'The latest duel between Siqueira and Caceres results in a mini-victory for Benfica.
- 52'Conte has completely lost it on the sidelines over the awarding of a goal-kick instead of a corner.
- 51'Maybe the Estadio da Luz is on a slope? Juventus are in complete control – displaying the sort of dominance we saw from Benfica in half number one.
- 50'Juventus play a couple of quick passes on the edge of the Benfica penalty area but a lack of communication brings the attack to an end.
- 49'Garay sweeps across to halt a Juve attack. The visitors are in the ascendancy.
- 48'Lazar Markovic - the Benfica no.50 - receives a thumping challenge from Pirlo in the middle of the park.
- 47'That's more like it, Juventus. The Italians fly out the traps and set up camp inside the hosts' half.
- 46'The second half is underway!
- 45+1'Garay's early goal gives Benfica the advantage at the break. The hosts lead 1-0.
- 45'We'll have one minute of added time at Estadio da Luz.
- Juventus Yellow card
- 44'Pogba lunges in on Siqueira. The Benfica man goes down. The Juve man vehemently protests his innocence. The referee sides with the home player and books the Frenchman.
- 43'Pirlo puts his side in trouble with a lazy pass. Sulejmani charges down the left, prompting Caceres to come across and shove him off the pitch.
- 42'The match has descended into a series of niggly challenges. I hope you’ll all join me in signing the invisible petition to bring back the free-flowing football from the opening stages.
- 41'It's not the best. Juve elect to take it short and, moments later, Benfica rob them of possession.
- 40'Juventus win another corner. Hopefully Pirlo's delivery will be a little better than his first.
- 39'Rodrigo suddenly appears in the Juventus penalty area. He can't quite pick out a team-mate though.
- 38'Guilherme Siqueira takes a whack but, again, the referee is unmoved.
- 37'"Hey! Hey!" scream the yellow shirts in unison. They want a foul for a well-fought 50-50. The referee simply waves play on.
- 36'Slight stoppage as Giorgio Chiellini receives treatment.
- 35'Pirlo's free-kick is cleared and Benfica counter at pace! It finds its way to Rodrigo on the left but his low deflected cross narrowly evades his strike partner.
- Benfica Yellow card
- 34'Gomes foolishly hauls Pogba to the floor. Could go into the book for that... Does go into the book for that. He'll miss the second leg.
- 33'Just seen a replay. He wasn't offside. Fortunately for the linesman, the ball went wide.
- 32'Stephan Lichtsteiner throws himself forward to meet a cross from the left... Just wide. Flag had gone up anyway.
- 31'Pirlo attempts a dinked through ball but it's well dealt with by the hosts' defence.
- 30'Tevez slaloms through the Benfica backline, holding off the red shirts before running out of pitch.
- 29'"Benfica, Benfica, Benfica" rings out around Estadio da Luz. Really lively atmosphere in Portugal.
- 28'Mirko Vucinic gets the ball caught underneath his feet and can't get a shot away. Juventus growing into the contest.
- 27'Artur comes flying off his line to punch clear a Pirlo free-kick (think Superman, but an awful lot worse) and gets nowhere near it. His blushes are spared by the linesman's flag.
- 26'Benfica's dominance in numbers...
- 25'Sulejmani drops deep to help his side clear the set-piece. The fans love a bit of that.
- 24'Juventus enjoy a rare spell of possession and force a corner after Pogba’s cross is turned behind. Time for an equaliser?
- 23'The champions of Portugal look far more composed than the champions of Italy. That can all change, of course.
- 22'Sulejmani and Rodrigo combine down the left. Benfica have a throw in a very promising position.
- 21'The referee gets all excited with his whistle, blowing repeatedly in a mad five second stint before ushering over a red shirt to have a chat.
- 20'The double act of Lazar Markovic and Maxi Pereira combine to marshal Tevez towards the flank.
- 19'More Benfica possession. The home fans are being treated at the moment.
- 18'Pogba is wearing a perplexed face after being penalised for a trip. Not sure there was much in that.
- 17'Antonio Conte frantically gesticulates to his Juve troops. Lots of hand movement, not a lot of clarity.
- 16'Artur balloons a goal-kick into the stands. His team-mates are not too chuffed about that.
- 15'Paul Pogba pops up in a dangerous position but attempts to poke the ball through a pair of closed Benfica legs. Both sides looking to counter at pace.
- 14'Tevez drifts into the opposition half, glances up and thinks 'I fancy bagging myself a wonder goal'. Unfortunately, his effort is tame. Very tame.
- 13'Juventus belatedly launch an attack down the left flank. Benfica manage the situation. Cue huge cheer.
- 12'Andre Gomes is penalised for a two-fisted punch in midfield.
- 11'Oh dear. Miralem Sulejmani is found inside the area but, instead of lashing into the top corner - sparking delirium, smashes his shot into the stands.
- 10'A clumsy challenge from Garay allows Juve to relieve the pressure. Carlos Tevez and co. have barely had a touch in the opposition half.
- 9'Kwadwo Asamoah clears under pressure. Benfica well on top in the early stages - clearly buoyed by their recent league title success.
- 8'Oscar Cardoza lurks ominously in the middle but Cacares prevents the cross being delivered.
- 7'The stadium is a cacophony of whistles as Martin Caceres gets away with a cheeky barge.
- 5'Your input will be most welcome as the match unfolds. Whether you think Andrea Pirlo will score a 60-yard free-kick, or Jorge Jesus will lose his rag, please feel free to get in touch via Twitter. Simply type @BenSnowball into your message. Super.Ben Snowball (BenSnowball) on Twitter
The latest from Ben Snowball (@BenSnowball). Occasional sub-seven minute miler normally found dabbling in a bit of sports writing or commentary. Best known for falling over on BBC’s Olympic coverage. Guildford
- 4'Mirko Vucinic is caught offside from a Stephan Lichtsteiner through ball.
- 3'Perfect. After two days which yielded a solitary goal in the Champions League, we have one inside three minutes in Portugal (in Europe’s B competition).
- 2'GOAL! Benfica 1-0 Juventus. Ezequiel Garay directs a header past Gianluigi Buffon! What a start!
- Benfica Goal
Header - Bottom Right
- 1'For those unfamiliar with Benfica antics, an eagle soars across the pitch prior to their games. We’re underway.
- 20:00With kick-off fast approaching, the players leave the comforts of the tunnel and enter the Estadio da Luz cauldron. Cracking atmosphere already.
- 19:55Football facts don't get bigger than this.
- 19:50Benfica came so close to glory last year – succumbing to Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic’s late header in the final – and have already disposed of PAOK, Tottenham and AZ Alkmaar. Knocking out the favourites Juventus will be their toughest test of all though.
- 19:45The curse of Bela Guttmann rumbles on at Benfica. Guttman, the manager who led them to their last European title 52 years ago, stated that they would go a full century without European success. Is 2014 the year they consign that to myth?
- 19:40Wonder what Pavel Nedved is up to these days? Well, the Czech legend stars in our video preview.Favourites Juventus face Benfica test
Watch the video Favourites Juventus face Benfica test on Yahoo Eurosport UK. Juventus are favourites to win the Europa League - but they must get past Benfica, who have just won the Portuguese title.
- 19:35Benfica coach Jorge Jesus has claimed his side are a lot like tonight’s opponents. Here are some of his spoken words.Benfica coach: 'We're a lot like Juventus'
Watch the video Benfica coach: 'We're a lot like Juventus' on Yahoo Eurosport UK. Jorge Jesus feels the battle of the impending Italian and Portuguese champions in the Europa League semis is evenly-matched.
- 19:30WOW. This is glorious.
- 19:25Apparently, UEFA are meant to be clamping down on European teams splashing the cash. It's hard to agree with Mr Platini though after news broke today that no side will be punished with expulsion from continental footy.European Football - Platini: No FFP expulsions this year
No clubs will be kicked out of European competition next season for breaking financial fair play rules, Michel Platini has said.
- 19:20As expected, Arturo Vidal misses out for the visitors. It’s not all bad news for Juve fans though as Carlos Tevez returns to the side after missing their last two matches with a thigh problem.
- 19:15Benfica trio Eduardo Salvio, Nicolas Gaitan, Ljubomir Fejsa all miss out. Rodrigo starts alongside Oscar Cardozo in attack.
- 19:10TEAMS – Benfica: Artur, Maxi Pereira, Luisao, Garay, Siqueira, Markovic, Andre Gomes, Enzo Perez, Sulejmani, Rodrigo, Cardozo… Subs: Oblak, André Almeida, Jardel, Ruben Amorim, Djuricic, Ivan Cavaleiro, Lima /// Juventus: Buffon, Caceres, Bonucci, Chiellini, Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah, Tevez, Vucinic… Subs: Storari, Barzagli, Ogbonna, Padoin, Giovinco, Llorente, Osvaldo.
- 19:05Hello and welcome to live coverage of the Europa League semi-final first leg between Benfica and Juventus.