Israeli driver Roy Nissany will have a day of pre-season testing and take part in three Friday practice sessions for Williams this season, the struggling Formula One team said on Tuesday. Nissany, 26, ended up 19th in Formula Two last year after finishing 22nd in 2019 but WilliamRead More »
That course will include driving in this year's Indianapolis 500 but left everything else open. "Upon careful thought over the past couple of months, I have made the decision to make some changes to my racing activities and focus for 2021," Marco said in a statement https://www.andrettiautosport.com/news/marco-andretti-set-to-shift-gears on the Andretti Autosport website. In 15 seasons on the IndyCar circuit, all driving for his father, Marco managed just two wins, one of those coming during his rookie season in 2006.
"I will remain in isolation in my home in Monaco in compliance with the regulations set by the local health authorities." Leclerc did not say where he might have contracted the virus but was in Dubai earlier this month. He is the fifth F1 driver known to have tested positive for COVID-19 after Mexican Sergio Perez, Canadian Lance Stroll, Britain's seven times world champion Lewis Hamilton and Lando Norris.
The Australian Open tennis Grand Slam begins in Melbourne next month and Pakula said it was easier for that sport to deal with the quarantine rules. "Tennis has been able to do that... but it's not something that has been possible for Formula One," Pakula told reporters. Australian Grand Prix Corporation chief executive Andrew Westacott said preparations for the Formula One race would have been affected if it went ahead in March, with team staff spending most of their time inside hotel rooms.