This ground that was set up in 1885, was actually a ploughed field bought by the Northants, who built as a multi-purpose sports ground. Besides cricket, cycling, tennis, football and athletics was also played here. In 1931, it hosted the first women’s test match between England and Australia. But the first official ODI was hosted much later on May 19, 1999 between South Africa and Sri Lanka. With a capacity crowd of 6500, this has been one of the favourite grounds of county cricket.