The other name for this is the Central Sports Stadium and it was established in 1957. With a capacity crowd of 25000, it caters to most matches that are played by the home team Uttar Pradesh. The first test played here was between India v Sri Lanka from Jan 18-22, 1994 and the first ODI between Pakistan v Sri Lanka on October 27, 1989. It is named after the famous hockey player K. D. Singh in Lucknow, India. Located near the busy Hazratgunj area, it hosts domestic competitions on a regular basis.