Famously known as the Queens it held its first ODI on August 26, 1976 between England and West Indies. A capacity crowd of 11,500 can be seated here. It first staged games in 1863 although they did not play a Championship game until 1896. This place is most known for its end-of-season festival which is a leisure time for both players and tourists. It is situated right next to the sea and is dominated by the raised pavilion. A new seating enclosure was added in 1902 and further extended over the next five years. A concrete stand was added in 1926 and in 1956 a new West Stand was erected.