Manchester United Message Board
Do you think some of these guys might give Ferguson a run for his money if they were manging Chelsea?
02. UEFA Champions League/European Cup (2003, 2007)
01. Italy (Serie A) (2004)
01. FIFA Club World Cup/Intercontinental Cup (2007)
02. UEFA Super Cup (2003, 2007)
01. UEFA Intertoto Cup (1999)
01. Italy (Coppa Italia) (2003)
01. Italy (Supercoppa Italiana) (2004)
01. UEFA Champions League/European Cup (1988)
06. Netherlands (Eredivisie) (1987, 1988, 1989, 2003, 2005, 2006)
01. FIFA Club World Cup/Intercontinental Cup (1998)
04. Netherlands (KNVB Cup) (1988, 1989, 1990, 2005)
02. UEFA Champions League/European Cup (1997, 2001)
07. Germany (Bundesliga) (1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2008)
01. FIFA Club World Cup/Intercontinental Cup (2001)
03. Germany (German Cup) (2000, 2003, 2008)
02. Switzerland (Swiss Super League) (1990, 1991)
03. Switzerland (Swiss Cup) (1985, 1989, 1990)
01. FIFA World Cup (2006)
01. UEFA Champions League/European Cup (1996)
05. Italy (Serie A) (1995, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2003)
01. FIFA Club World Cup/Intercontinental Cup (1996)
01. UEFA Super Cup (1996)
01. Italy (Coppa Italia) (1995)
04. Italy (Supercoppa Italiana) (1995, 1997, 2002, 2003)
LOUIS VAN GAAL
01. UEFA Champions League/European Cup (1995)
01. UEFA Cup/Inter-cities Fair Cup (1992)
03. Netherlands (Eredivisie) (1994, 1995, 1996)
02. Spain (La Liga) (1998, 1999)
01. FIFA Club World Cup/Intercontinental Cup (1995)
02. UEFA Super Cup (1996, 1998)
01. Netherlands (KNVB Cup) (1993)
03. Netherlands (Johan Cruijff Shield) (1994, 1995, 1996)
01. Spain (Copa del Ray) (1998)
I pick one as a possible replacement: Roberto Mancini, former Inter manager.
Mancini was sacked despite winning the Italian League for Inter. But he wasn't bad actually and Inter was well organised under his management. But of course he is Italian and it would be interesting to see if he could cope with the new atmosphere of EPL. Capello has been doing well too as England manager, right? ;)
Another possible replacement: Kevin Keegan perhaps? :)
- 1 Reply to sticker
If Roman A truly wants a more attacking/attractive style than Chelsea had under Mourinho (supposedly this was one of the reasons for getting Scolari), then Rijkaard would seem a strong possibility. With Paddy Power the odds are 7/2, which I might slap twenty quid on.
Lester, I feel sorry for Tony Adams. He should never have been given the job in the first place. They should have made him caretaker and seen what happened. I love Capital's suggestion about giving the Chelsea job to Dennis Wise. Wouldn't that be justice?
Who in their right mind would want the job? The Chelsea manager merry-go-round, manned by conveyor-belt-operator-extraordinaire Quisling Kenyon, the glove puppet of a megalomaniac Russian Oligarch. The Stamford Bridge poisoned chalice is becoming almost as laughable as the unbridled madness at St. James' Park. Just goes to show the Newcastle Board doesn't have a monopoly on the management-by-fiasco approach to hiring and firing. Only Ranter Rafa is looking more unhinged at present.
- 1 Reply to A Yahoo! User
Chelsea deserve the chaos, not for getting rid of this complete idiot by singing Newcastle's spineless "you dont know know what you're doing" at their own manager!, but for booing Grant at the end of last season. They are barely any better than Newcastle fans who were quite literally spitting at Alardyce within a couple of months.
Rafa will be next. He's made his position quite untenable with his administration, Parry just needs an excuse to sack him. Failure to get either within 10 points of United at the end of the season, or win the champs league, and he'll get shot.
The Adams thing is different, Harry did a runner and they had a go with what was in place. It was a massive error, Adams belongs in the funny farm along with Big Phool and Pugwash. They should have hired Curbs on the spot. He's the only bloke I can think of who can get them out of this now, but his job would have been infinitely easier if he'd had the extra 2 months to work with.
Wasn't there another team that fired their Managers even when they come second, or didn't quite win. Begins with L I seem to remember. Where are they now. Thats where Chelski will be in 2 years. Times UP. Millions and Millions and not much to show for it. Roman will be getting very bored with his toy football team and will ditch it soon!