Leeds United Message Board
If you haven’t seen it before (released in 2008), Johnjo’s ‘Barnsley Man Rap’ is brilliant – check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh_-2MxYQ2E&feature=related
Here are a couple of excerpts from the lyrics:
“I’m a Barnsley man,
I drive around in a van…”
“I go fishin’ cos it makes mi feel buzzin’;
Mi brother’s mi dad
An’ mi mother’s mi cousin…”
Respect to all Barnsley folk! I just hope they are not giving themselves ‘high sixes’ after the game on Saturday. It is about time Leeds won in this local derby.
Peter, The Square Ball usually produces transcripts of Ken’s Yorkshire Radio interviews (see: http://www.thesquareball.net/what-ken-said/2012/10/06/leeds-united-takeover-ken-bates-update/ ) and Scribd.Com publishes backlogs of his programme notes (see: http://www.scribd.com/doc/73998121/Ken-Bates-Programme-Notes-Leeds-United-vs-Barnsley-26-11-11-P1 ).
Correct Bryan. Bates referred to the heap of paper work presented by their lawyers which in his opinion wasn't helping to seal the deal He referred to the takeover as a simple transaction that was made more protracted by them. Then he would say that wouldn't he. My concerns are that if it is a total buyout Bates owns approximately 72% of the club and if we are led to believe his share would be in the region of £50 million. Who owns the other 28% that may indeed be the main stumbling block and would they if traceable be prepared to release their interest. The saga is likely to go on.
I think Bates statement was made on Yorkshire radio, and not in the notes.
- 1 Reply to Lottolee
Lotto, I'd go along with that.
Leeds – 4-3-1
Drury, Pearce, Peltier, Lees;
Tonge, Diouf, Byram;
Barnsley – 4-4-2
Stones, Cranie, Wiseman, Golbourne;
Hassell, Cywka, Dawson, Mellis;
Barnsley manager, Keith Hill has implied that he thinks his counterpart, and former boss, Neil Warnock, is a football dinosaur. This ups the ante in a game that was already likely to be a testy encounter. Hill is a good manager and gets his teams to play entertaining, passing football but, when it comes to challenging his old master, I think Warnock has a few lessons to teach on what it takes to win.
If our lads can keep possession for the first 20 minutes, Leeds 3-0 Barnsley!