Arsenal Message Board
you are viewing a single comment's thread.view the rest of the posts
* Had he managed to replace Vierra there would have been no reason to have to built a completly new team.
* got the team into the CL final for the first time ever??? => Sorry but for me that means Zippo. You win or you don't
* Won the FA Cup => true - but a club of our status should not be happy with just that.
* Ensured we didn't finish outside the CL places in our worst league season in a decade. => Give the man a raise for not finnishing 5th??????? Sorry but we should do better.
* Qualify for the CC final for the first time in his career =>You want to win finals not lose them, making it there means little
* Be the first team to reach a domestic final with a primarily reserve & youth squad. => Lets hope we are not the first bumb f*cks to lose a final because we fielded a reserve & youth squad.
- 2 Replies to A Yahoo! User
I'd say he's got a point though, John. It's all very well getting to a final but there are no prizes for 2nd place. Monaco reached the CL final in 2004 - where are they now? Whose saying what a wonderful acheivement that was for them?
Whatever you may say about the League Cup it's still a major honour and to win it would give that little bit more confidence going into your other cup games.
I'm not denying Wenger's achievements but for a club like arsenal to go 3 years without a trophy is bad, and when you're so close to winning the league cup it wouldn't be such as bad idea to have a few first teamers in the mix?