General Message Board
Nothing, but nothing can beat the brilliance of itv F1 Commentary.....in terms of utter rubbish. Here are a few quotes from the weekend by James Allen, Martin Brundle, Mark Blundell.
* Massa's Gear Box Failure: ''you make your own luck in this sport''??????
* Kimi's speed: ''He was sandbagging in the winter tests''
* Lewis Hamilton: ''Has made a better debut than Sch.... (definitely) a future world champion''
* Massa's 1 stop to Kimi's 2 stop strategy: ''now why is Massa so much slower than Kimi''
These are just to name a few. Honestly, no wonder people pay for Sky sports. Thats right of course Hamilton's made a better impact than Sch didn't he? Sch only outqualified his much more experienced teammate to 6th and in a car which was absolute #$%$
- 2 Replies to A Yahoo! User
More irritating is the undue praise Martin Brundle and James Allen shower on David Coulthard ( fondly DC), Mark Webber and Jenson Button( fondly JB). David and Mark have opinions on everything except their own driving. They will line up behind Stirling Moss as F1's big time losers. It takes 5 minutes for a F1 viewer to understand that David and Mark are well past their prime.They should ideally replace Martin Brundle and James Allen as ITV commentators. Jenson is at least trying, so there is some sense in boosting his confidence. Drivers should be judged on their skill, speed and race craft and not based on the language they speak. Singing praises because you are managing a driver is below the belt. There is a conflict of interest. Needs to see what happens now with LH and AD also in the fray.