Liverpool Message Board
you are viewing a single comment's thread.view the rest of the posts
- According to Torres in direct quotes, he would never play for Manchester City because of the rivalry, so based on the fact that rivalry is peanuts compared to Manchester United, he'd never do that.
- How often do Manchester United and Liverpool conduct business and/or transfers together? Anything worth note?
- Fernando Torres was brought in to try out with 2 English teams when he was being scouted with Atletico Madrid, Arsenal came in first and Manchester second. Ferguson apparently didn't invite him back, deeming him not good enough. Rafa swooped in and the rest is history. This is fact coming from Torres Autobiography.
- Ferguson tried to slander and humiliate Torres after the most recent match at Old Trafford calling him a diver, and saying he made an absolute "meal" of the 2 challenges where anyone with 1 eyeball could see were clearly fouls and penalties.
- Manchester are very slowly, but surely beginning to go in decline both on and off the pitch. Liverpool are not faring much better, but they've made initial steps to turn the ship, so jumping to United wouldn't bring him all that much more success. Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona yes..
- Torres has way too much respect and love for the club and fans of Liverpool to make a move like that. He's been loyal to the club and in his book describes his love for the city and people. Going to United would be unthinkable.. Maybe he'd go back on his comment about Man City to play with his buddy David Silva, but never to United..
If anything the mesaage of the last few days is never believe what a footballer tells you. Its not that long ago that Rooney was saying how much he loved United and how he wanted to stay there for the rest of his career. And lets not forget that once upon a time Sol Campbell assured Spurs fans that he would sign a new contract and would never join Arsenal. Like any great player Torres craves the big stage and unless Liverpool stage a dramatic comeback to rival that of Lazarus they aren not going to qualify for the Champions League for the second year running.
- 1 Reply to A Yahoo! User
You missed alot of my point. Understandable that we probably won't be providing Torres Champions League football, a Europa Cup and FA cup are always theoretically possible, and that shows progress and promise, not to mention what we may do in January to bolster the squad.
My point is, 4 years ago when Torres was scouted by Arsene Wenger and brought for a try out, Manchester also did and Ferguson sent him home as not being good enough for EPL. Well upon joining Liverpool and having torn United to shreds on several occasions and having Ferguson accuse him of being a cheat, a dive and never giving him any kind of props as being a top player or striker, I think Fernando would love nothing more than to stick it to him.
The same holds true for Torres and a possible move to Spain. He grew up in an Atletico family of players, was the youngest capatin in team history and grew to hate Real Madrid. He's said how much he dislikes Real as his life long rival and would never play for him out of dislike and respect. Insert Liverpool and Manchester United into this sentiment. Torres is a Red, and he as an anti- Red Devil.
He never complains about money or contracts, he wants to win and wants to play in EPL to prove he can do it. So if it's not with Liverpool, Chelsea having Drogba and Anelka both around 32 years old and the financial situation and strength makes that his most likely destination to London. Arsenal could be a darkhorse.
Nonetheless, I hate discussing or thinking about him leaving so let's just hope this season really kicks on starting tomorrow in Naples and then even more importantly ver Blackburn at Anfield who Torres has very very good scoring record against AND Samba, Rovers biggest best CB is suspended. Torres gets on the mark this weekend!@