Liverpool Message Board
1) Get rid of Downing - see previous thread for explanation
2) Never ever consider playing Lucas and Allen together. They seem to be too similar for the footy Brendan wants to play
3) Following from above, we have to get a so-called 'hard man' in the defensive midfield positon. I believe we are bullied too often here (a la Stoke game). Diame of West Ham would be good, and if its true he's available for 3.5 mil........
4) Give Sterling a break. He's looking a bit out of his depth at the moment
5) Sturridge must start. If you bring him on with 30 minutes to go he's only ever going to get 30 minutes. If you start him, he might just make it to the end of the game i.e get fitter quicker. I think Brendan knows he ballsed up in the United game.
I would be interested to know of everybody's 'point plan' to get us consistency and also beating the top sides which has been a problem (forget how we've played, its the results that matter)
Loki ...u 5 point plan makes sense to me agree with all five points u make...just one to add though. In each point u make in effect u are criticising BR...and I happen to think he fully merits criticism...as each point u make highlites a failing on his part ...he is the manager. So impossible though it probably is Id like to add one point to u 5 point plan for success . Please FSG sack BR now and get on u knees and admit u made a stupid mistake in sacking Kenny and beg him to come back.
- 1 Reply to RonJ
I've been saying it for ages. Get that midfield general in. They don't need to be a hardman or a defensive midfielder but someone who runs the show. I'll admit a hardman may find that easier though.
For me Sneijder would do nicely I think if his form is anywhere near what it was 2 years ago. Alonso maybe but other than that I can't think of any real standout player of that ilk.
Anyone know where there's a 22 year old version of Souness lurking?