TikToker @rachelgray.ok issued a warning to others to never leave a candle burning underneath a TV set. The reason may seem obvious, but the sleep-deprived mom overlooked the issue causing damage to the appliance.
“Don’t put a candle under your tv :),” the video text read.
The footage zoomed into a small orange mark on the television screen where the candle had melted it. Fortunately, the rest of the flat screen was still functional.
“MY SON SAID MUM WHATS THAT,” she explained. “I ignored him. Then realised.”
Some people in the comments said that they didn’t understand how she could overlook such a “simple thing.” She replied that she is “sleep deprived” and has been “doing silly things” because of it.
The video racked up 2.1 million views on TikTok.
“Thanks bestie, gotta go remove mine now,” a user wrote.
“Happened to me too there’s a hole in the bottom,” another said.
“Also don’t wash your tv in the swimming pool. Another helpful tip,” a person joked.
“I burn a candle on my fireplace under my tv every day for the past 3 years and this has never happened,” someone commented.
“I did this to a new tv, my son said mum the tv is melting,” a TikToker replied.
The post Mom warns against putting a lit candle near your TV after she ‘ruined’ flat screen appeared first on In The Know.
More from In The Know: