£59m Madrid star ‘carefully evaluates’ Man Utd offer as situation ‘completely changed’

·3-min read
Casemiro with the European Cup after Real Madrid beat Liverpool in the Champions League final. Credit: PA Images
Casemiro with the European Cup after Real Madrid beat Liverpool in the Champions League final. Credit: PA Images

All is not lost for Manchester United in their bid to sign Casemiro, according to reports.

As soon as news of Manchester United’s interest in Casemiro emerged, they were being dismissed – the Brazilian was the latest in a long line of Old Trafford snubbers this summer.

MAILBOX: Manchester United need to recalibrate and target Neves, Tielemans, Toney for transfers

It was claimed the Brazilian wasn’t interested in moving his family from Madrid and even less interested in taking them to Manchester.

But Mundo Deportivo (via Sport Witness) claim that’s ‘completely changed’ with the midfielder now apparently realising it’s ‘no longer a given he’ll continue’ at Madrid.

Manager Carlo Ancelotti reportedly considers him ‘non-transferable’ but Casemiro played just the last seven minutes of their 2-1 win over Almeria on the opening day of the La Liga season.

New signing Aurelien Tchouameni partnered Edouardo Camavinga in central midfield in what looks suspiciously like a changing of the guard at the Bernabeu.

That’s reportedly led Casemiro, who was initially quick to dismiss interest from United, to ‘carefully evaluate everything that surrounds the English club’.

‘Everything’ depends on United’s offer and the report suggests it would unsurprisingly be very lucrative indeed.

The Red Devils are said to be ‘willing to offer’ the 30-year-old a five-year deal with an annual salary of €18m.

That would make him the fourth highest paid player in the Premier League, behind Cristiano Ronaldo, Erling Haaland and Mohamed Salah.

The La Liga side have so far not considered a sale, but it’s thought they could be tempted should United offer them €70m (£59m).

The report ends: ‘Los Blancos since the transfer market opened have always given the same message: it’s going to be a long summer and anything can happen. And among what could happen is Casemiro’s departure for United.’

Casemiro has played just short of 350 times for Real Madrid, and a report on Wednesday claimed that Chelsea are ‘long-term admirers’ and ‘would be interested’ in signing him.

The report stated that Chelsea have been looking at the midfielder ‘far longer’ than United.

After signing the likes of Raheem Sterling, Marc Cucurella and Kalidou Koulibaly this summer, Blues owner Todd Boehly is now ‘considering a late summer bid for the Brazil international’.

Speaking last season, Blues boss Thomas Tuchel suggested that Casemiro helps to “carry” Real Madrid

“I gave all the praise to Karim Benzema. I said two years ago he was one of the most underrated players in world football, but maybe not anymore,” Tuchel said.

“He deserves the praise for playing for so many years for Real Madrid. What he did to overcome the last stage for them, to carry responsibility. What a key part he plays for them as a captain now is very impressive.

“You can see what happens with the team in his absence. For sure a standout player and personality.

“It is unfair in this moment, to Toni Kroos, Luka Modric, Casemiro – the guys who carry this team for almost a decade now.

“They are huge personalities, who I am genuinely a fan about – for sure not today, for sure not tomorrow!”

The article £59m Madrid star ‘carefully evaluates’ Man Utd offer as situation ‘completely changed’ appeared first on Football365.com.