Erik ten Hag has got Manchester United back on track in the Premier League and Marcus Rashford is one player in particular who has benefited from the new system.
It’s no secret that Rashford struggled to find his form last season as he had his lowest-ever goalscoring season. Throughout the 2021-22 season, Rashford only hit the back of the net five times in total.
The 25-year-old has looked reborn this season though and you could argue he is United’s most important player right now. With 18 goals already, he has more than doubled his tally from last season.
Ten Hag has been impressed with Rashford’s recent run of form and was once again dazzled with his performance in the League Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest.
“There are more players who are playing really well but I am happy with Marcus’ performance and his development,” the United boss said after the 3-0 victory at the City Ground.
“From the start of the season he is growing and he keeps doing that and what we have to aim for with him, and he is responsible for that, is to keep this process going.
“If he is in this mood, this spirit, he is unstoppable and it’s about the team to get him in the right positions.
“Also, possession, we have a plan but finally is also the intuition, the creativity of an individual like Rashy is to create chances.”
With Rashford ripping things up across several competitions right now, we’ve picked out 9 stats which show that he is Man United’s MVP.
– Rashford has scored nine league goals from an xG of 9.2 which highlights how clinical he has been. No player in the United squad has a higher xG total than Rashford this season.
– He has completed more successful dribbles (35) than any other Manchester United player this season.
– Across all competitions, he averages 0.62 goals per game, which is the most prolific he has ever been. During his most prolific season in 2019-20, he was averaging 0.5 goals per game.
Marcus Rashford CANNOT STOP SCORING!
— Sky Sports Football (@SkyFootball) January 25, 2023
– Rashford is the first player from a top-five European league to reach 10 goals across all competitions since the end of the World Cup.
– With his strike against Forest, the 25-year-old became the first United player to score five or more goals in a single League Cup campaign since Carlos Tevez notched six in 2008-09.
– Rashford has a Whoscored average match rating of 7.54 in the Europa League which is higher than any other Man United player.
– The 25-year-old has scored in every competition he has played in this season with goals in the Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup, Europa League and World Cup.
– His winner in January’s Manchester derby was notable for two reasons; Rashford became the first United player to score in seven consecutive appearances across all competitions since Cristiano Ronaldo did it in April 2008 – when he went on the win the Ballon d’Or.
– And it was also Rashford’s ninth consecutive goal at home, tying Dennis Viollet of the Busby Babes for a club record (1959).
READ NEXT: 6 players that Erik ten Hag has improved at Man Utd: Rashford…
TRY A QUIZ: Can you name the Man Utd XI from Marcus Rashford’s debut in 2016?
The article 9 stats that show Marcus Rashford is the best player in Europe right now appeared first on Planetfootball.com.