Sources: Aaron Gordon, Victor Oladipo and Dennis Smith Jr. commit to Slam Dunk Contest

<a class="link rapid-noclick-resp" href="/nba/players/5295/" data-ylk="slk:Aaron Gordon">Aaron Gordon</a> attempts a dunk at last year’s contest in New Orleans. (Getty)
Aaron Gordon attempts a dunk at last year’s contest in New Orleans. (Getty)

Orlando Magic forward Aaron Gordon, Indiana Pacers star Victor Oladipo and Dallas Mavericks guard Dennis Smith Jr. are committing to the 2018 Verizon Slam Dunk Contest at All-Star Weekend, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The NBA plans to officially announce the participants next week for the Feb. 16 event in Los Angeles. Lakers forward Larry Nance Jr. is a strong candidate to be the fourth participant, but has yet to make a final decision, league sources said.

Oladipo has had an All-Star-caliber year in his fifth NBA season, averaging 24.2 points and 5.2 rebounds in 42 games for Indiana. Oladipo was runner-up to Chicago Bulls guard Zach LaVine in the 2015 dunk contest in New York.

For Gordon, this would be his third consecutive appearance in the event. Gordon is having a breakout campaign, averaging 18.4 points and 8.2 rebounds this season. In 2016, Gordon and LaVine dueled in one of the all-time dunk performances, with LaVine earning the trophy.

Smith, a high-flying rookie, has averaged 14.8 points and 4.6 assists in 39 games. He was the No. 9 overall pick in the 2017 draft.

Nance is regarded as one of the league’s top athletes, and his father, Larry Nance, won the dunk contest in 1984.

Popular video from Yahoo Sports:

What to read next