Yarde, 31, stopped the previously unbeaten Bulgarian inside three rounds, which secured a showdown against WBC, IBF and WBO world champion Beterbiev to be held at Wembley Arena on January 28. Montreal-based Beterbiev, who took part in the London 2012 Olympics, is set to fight professionally in the UK for first time. "My destiny playing out in my home city, and this is what I have been longing for throughout my professional career, which started at Wembley," Yarde said. "I won't make any big predictions for this fight against a strong unified champion in Artur Beterbiev, but what I will say is that I will leave nothing to chance, and I am at my best when I fight fire with fire." Promoter Frank Warren added: "This will undoubtedly be the biggest challenge of Anthony's career to date and we have made sure he will get the best conditions possible by securing him home advantage. "Boxing is all about timing and we are hoping the time is right for Anthony to fulfil his huge potential and pull off what would be one of the biggest wins by a British fighter." Beterbiev secured a three-belt unification with victory over WBO champion Joe Smith Jr in June, stopping the American in two rounds at Madison Square Garden. "I never back down from a challenge and Anthony Yarde is a top contender who asked for this fight," Beterbiev said. "Yarde called me slow after my fight with Joe Smith Jr - but slow and steady wins the race, and on January 28, I will win in London."
The article Anthony Yarde floors Stefani Koykov to set up title fight against Artur Beterbiev appeared first on Planetsport.com.