The undefeated Manchester fighter provided the first successful defence of the Commonwealth light-heavyweight title he claimed against Emmanuel Anim in October 2019, utilising his powerful jab to great effect to earn a dominant unanimous decision behind closed doors at BT Sport studios in London.
And there is now surely no doubt over who Arthur will be facing next.
"Let's go man, let's get it on," he said of a bout against Yarde later in 2020. "I'm ready. It's signed, sealed, so we're doing it. I think October, let's go man."
Arthur had initially been due to meet Yarde on the undercard of the heavyweight showdown between Daniel Dubois and Joe Joyce on April 11, only for the coronavirus pandemic to cause boxing to grind to a halt.
Yarde has not fought since following his brave world title challenge against Sergey Kovalev with a quick second-round stoppage of Colombian veteran Diego Jair Ramirez in a low-key six-rounder in Madrid in February.
'The Beast' said earlier this week that he would likely seek a tune-up fight in September before facing the winner of Arthur-Spelman, with the three men engaging in a heated pre-bout press conference.
And Yarde did not appear too impressed with the lack of flair in Arthur's performance on Friday evening.
"Who do I send the invoice to? Because I need to be paid to watch that," he joked on BT.
"All jokes aside, I don't usually watch my opponents. To me it was a boring fight, I'm all about entertainment.
"Lyndon done his thing - it was easy to box that guy. Lyndon is a better boxer and I said that as well in the build-up.
"But again, I know there's no crowd there, but people are watching. Everyone wants entertainment."