Antony left out of Ajax squad but Schreuder insists Man Utd target's situation has not changed

·1-min read

Alfred Schreuder says there has been no change of stance at Ajax over Antony's future, with the Manchester United target again left out of their squad.

Antony missed last week's win over Sparta Rotterdam and on Sunday was absent once more as Ajax faced Utrecht.

The Brazil forward is a target for United, who have reportedly had several bids turned down for the 22-year-old, with speculation on Friday claiming a £76million (€89.4m) offer was rejected.

In an interview with journalist Fabrizio Romano, Antony pleaded with Ajax to sell him for "the highest bid ever for a player in the Eredivisie", as he explained he had made his desire to leave clear to the club earlier in 2022.

Antony's public request has not seemingly had the desired impact just yet, with the Eredivisie champions said to be holding out for a fee of £85m (€100m).

Speaking to reporters prior to the Utrecht match, Ajax head coach Schreuder said: "The situation is the same. We discuss this internally, also with the player.

"The situation has not changed. He [is] at the club, we talked about it."

Schreuder did, however, suggest Ajax are readying themselves for life without Antony, by adding: "I want to focus on the guys who will be there."