Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has dismissed reports that Alexandre Lacazette has travelled to London to finalise a move to Arsenal, but revealed that the Premier League club have made a £39m offer for the striker.
Arsenal are understood to be closing in on Lacazette who has told Lyon that he wants to leave the club this summer.
The Ligue 1 side have set a £57m asking price for the 26-year-old and are currently holding transfer talks with Arsenal as Arsene Wenger looks to make his second signing of the summer.
French publication Le Progress recently claimed that Lacazette travelled to London to undergo a medical and put pen to paper on an Arsenal deal.
But taking to Twitter, Aulas dismissed the report as “false information” and insisted that the star striker was not in the English capital.
Aulas also revealed that Arsenal have made a £39m offer, which falls short of the original £57m asking price.
Speaking last week, the Frenchman announced that an agreement between Lyon and Arsenal has not yet been reached, adding that offers “will be heard provided they match the value of the player.”
"He wants to leave," Aulas said.
"We will discuss it in the coming weeks. If so, offers will be heard provided they match the value of the player."
Atletico Madrid have a long-held interest in Lacazette but their hopes of signing the player took a setback after the Court of Arbitration for Sport upheld a transfer ban against the club.
— Jean-Michel AULAS (@JM_Aulas) July 2, 2017
Lacazette has spent his entire senior career at Lyon, making his first-team debut in 2010.
Since then he’s scored a total of 100 league goals from 203 appearances.