Craig Bellamy has dismissed a report linking him with a move to Canterbury Bulldogs and revealed 2021 could be his last year as a head coach.
Media speculation suggested the Melbourne Storm coach had received a lucrative offer to take over at the Bulldogs, who have won just once in five outings this season, following talks.
However, speaking after the Storm's loss to Penrith Panthers on Friday, Bellamy shot down the story, insisting he had never had contact with anyone at Canterbury.
"I didn't read the story and I don't want to read the story because, at the end of the day, what's in there isn’t true," he said when asked about the rumour.
"Somebody told me that I had spoken to someone from the Bulldogs twice, when I haven't spoken to anyone from the Bulldogs.
"I can honestly sit here and say I haven't spoken to the Bulldogs, I think they've said the same. At the end of the day, it irks me a little bit."
The Bulldogs - currently led by coach Dean Pay - had already put out a statement on Friday denying the report.
"I think it is important for our members and fans that we end any speculation around Craig Bellamy having been contacted by the Bulldogs," Canterbury chief executive Andrew Hill said.
Bellamy has a further season to run on his contract with the Storm but admits it may be nearing the time to step aside, albeit he is yet to make a final call on his future.
"I've got a contract with the Storm for next year so I'm not going to say what I'm going to do because I don’t quite know to be honest,"Bellamy told the media.
"I'm 62 [in 2021], so next year will probably be it for head coaching. Having said that, things change at times and I've said that before, but it's a young man’s game these days."