Real Madrid ‘have an eye’ on Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva and are growing in confidence in their pursuit of Jude Bellingham, according to reports in Spain.
Los Blancos’ arch-rivals Barcelona tried to sign Silva last summer and the player was reportedly keen on the move.
However, he did not actively push for the move and as they always do, Manchester City said he could leave, but only if his asking price was met.
Barcelona, cheap as ever, could not meet City’s valuation – believed to be in the region of £80m – and failed to land the Portugal international.
While he was open to moving to the Nou Camp, it is not known whether or not Silva would like to join Madrid, who are a more attractive team at this moment in time.
It is stated that Luka Modric is expected to sign a new contract with his current deal expiring in the summer, however, Toni Kroos’ future at the club, and in football, is in doubt.
There have been some reports that Kroos will retire at the end of the season when his contract runs out, though the German midfielder is yet to confirm this.
The 33-year-old has said before that he aims to finish at the very top level, and it does not get much more elite than playing for Real Madrid.
Silva is under contract at the Etihad Stadium until 2025 and the Premier League champions are eager to extend his stay.
With Barcelona’s interest ‘decreasing’, Madrid’s is ‘increasing’, the report adds.
Another midfielder the European champions are interested in signing is Borussia Dortmund teenager Jude Bellingham.
The 19-year-old England international is a Liverpool, City, and Madrid target. He has also been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Bayern Munich, though it is believed that the three others are leading the race.
Dortmund are expected to ask for around £130million to sell their prized asset, who is tipped to leave in the summer transfer window.
The headline ‘Bellingham, on the road’ dominated Thursday’s cover of the Spanish newspaper.
It is said that Madrid are ‘well on their way to signing’ the teenage midfielder, who has so far ‘turned a deaf ear’ to all the ‘succulent proposals’ he has received so far.
With Enzo Fernandez likely going to cost £106m and Chelsea trying to sign him from Benfica, it should be expected that Madrid and Liverpool will significantly step up their interest in Bellingham, if that is possible.
READ MORE: Premier League five-year net spend table as Chelsea edge closer to Manchester United
The article Bellingham ‘turns a deaf ear’ to Liverpool offer with Madrid confident and also ‘eyeing’ City star appeared first on Football365.com.