Manchester City are reportedly standing firm on their valuation of £84million for Bernardo Silva in an attempt to bat Barcelona’s interest away.
The Portugal international has been linked with a switch to the Nou Camp for a couple of seasons now, and despite being happy at The Etihad both the player and City boss Pep Guardiola have refused to rule out the potential transfer.
City set an asking price for Silva at the start of the summer window and are unwilling to budge on that figure.
Meanwhile, The Athletic states that Barca are yet to submit an official bid, although City are expecting one.
Guardiola’s men can ask for a high price given that the 28-year-old still has three years left on his contract.
However, any potential deal is unlikely to happen this summer as the clock counts down to September 1.
City forked out £45m to sign Silva from Monaco in 2017 and he has won four Premier League titles since then. An FA Cup and four League Cups are also now on his CV.
Silva has also scored 48 goals and added 50 assists in 253 games for the club and was City’s Player of the Year in 2018/19.
Silva playing part in Frenkie de Jong future
However, Silva not going to Barcelona this summer could have a knock-on effect on Frenkie de Jong’s exit.
Both Manchester United and Chelsea are keen on signing the Netherlands midfielder, with Barca wanting Silva as his replacement.
Indeed, De Jong is said to have told teammates that he is likely to join United this summer.
That admission could mean there is a twist in the Silva saga and that there may be some lat movement in the window after all.
The article Bernardo Silva: Man City refusing to budge over asking price as Barcelona move talk intensifies appeared first on Teamtalk.com.