With the first round of fixtures complete, Friday sees Groups A and B back in action as the teams start to settle into the tournament in Qatar.
Wales snatched a late draw against the United States on Monday and they will look to build on that against an Iran side who were hammered 6-2 by England in their opener.
Hosts Qatar's potential dream start turned into a nightmare as they were comfortably beaten by Ecuador in the tournament's premiere, and they will be hoping to kickstart their tournament against Senegal.
The following match features two nations who won their opening fixtures, as the Netherlands and Ecuador do battle at the Khalifa International Stadium hoping to put themselves on the verge of qualification in Group A.
Finally, England will attempt to seize control of Group B when they take on the USA, who were denied victory in their first match by an 82nd-minute Gareth Bale penalty.
Ahead of these exciting matches, test your football knowledge with our Opta-powered World Cup quiz. The answers are at the bottom.
1. Monday's hero Gareth Bale has the joint-most appearances for Wales in the nation's history with 109 caps. Which other player in the Dragons' 2022 World Cup squad is Bale tied with?
2. Senegal shocked the world by beating reigning champions France 1-0 at the 2002 World Cup. How many clean sheets have they kept in their eight matches at the tournament since?
3. If the Netherlands keep a clean sheet against Ecuador, it will make it five consecutive matches at the World Cup without conceding a goal. Which European nation is the last team to achieve that feat?
4. Bukayo Saka and Jude Bellingham could become the first players aged 21 or younger to score for England in consecutive World Cup games. Which then 22-year-old managed this in 2002?
5. Enner Valencia will become the fourth player to score six consecutive World Cup goals for his nation if he nets against the Netherlands. The three others are Paolo Rossi, Oleg Salenko and which Portuguese legend?
1. Chris Gunter
4. Michael Owen