World Cup favourites Brazil will look to keep their campaign on course when they face South Korea in the last 16 on Monday, while surprise package Japan meet prior finalists Croatia.
The Selecao suffered a shock loss in Group G against Cameroon last time out, but nevertheless topped the pile, with Tite hopeful of recalling Neymar from injury to face Son Heung-min and company.
South Korea themselves are in the knockout rounds after a late win over Portugal sent them through at Uruguay's expense, and will be looking to spring another upset.
Luka Modric, meanwhile, will have dreams of steering his nation to a second successive final, but will have his work cut out against a Samurai Blue side riding high after victories over Germany and Spain.
You can get yourself in the mood for these two big clashes by tackling our Opta-powered World Cup quiz. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. Brazil have progressed from each of their past seven last-16 matches at the World Cup, only failing to win in normal time once during this run. Against who and when?
2. This is Croatia’s third appearance in the last 16 after edging Denmark four years ago on penalties. Who did they face in their only other appearance at this round?
3. Son Heung-min registered his first goal contribution of the tournament last time out but is still searching for a goal of his own. When was his last World Cup goal?
4. Who attempted more shots than any Japan player in the group stage, with eight, despite the fact he didn’t start any of their three games?
5. Which Brazil player has drawn three opposition yellow cards at the 2022 World Cup, the most of any player who remains in the competition?
1. Chile (2014, via penalties)
2. Romania, in 1998
3. Germany, in 2018.
4. Takuma Asano