Heavyweight contenders Brazil and Portugal both get their World Cup campaigns underway on day five of Qatar 2022, looking to kick off on the best possible foot.
In a competition that has already delivered blowout victories and shock defeats for some major runners and riders, two nations headed by a pair of the world's greatest players will be chasing the perfect start.
For Neymar and Brazil, a tussle with dark horses Serbia awaits in Group G, while Cristiano Ronaldo will hope to put his Manchester United exit saga behind him with Portugal as they face Ghana in Group H.
Meanwhile, Switzerland will meet Cameroon to start the day's proceedings, while Uruguay will begin their own run against South Korea.
Before then, you can whet your appetite for another feast of football by tackling our Opta-powered daily quiz. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. Brazil are unbeaten in their last 15 World Cup group games, winning 12 of them. Who did they last lose to in the early stages, at France 1998?
2. Portugal and Ghana’s only previous encounter was in the group stages of Brazil 2014, with the former claiming a 2-1 victory. Who scored the winner?
3. Luis Suarez needs one more goal to equal who, with eight, as Uruguay’s top scorer at the World Cup?
4. Switzerland are unbeaten in their opening game in each of their last five appearances at the World Cup (W2 D3), since losing 5-0 against who and at which tournament?
5. Cameroon have lost each of their last seven games at the World Cup. Which is the only nation to have lost more in a row?
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. Oscar Miguez
4. Germany, in 1996
5. Mexico (9 between 1930 & 1958)