The World Cup's last round of group matches is halfway done, and there will be more excitement in store when four more sides progress to the last-16 on Thursday.
Two former winners in Spain and Germany are looking to book their place in the knockout stages and for one the outcome is looking rosier than the other.
Luis Enrique's Spain will face off with Japan knowing that a draw will be enough for them, but Hansi Flick's Germany must beat Costa Rica and hope results go their way elsewhere in Group E.
In Group F, 2018 finalists Croatia will face Belgium, with the latter knowing that a win is imperative, with second-place Morocco a point ahead and poised to face already eliminated Canada.
With plenty on the table for seven of the eight teams in action, get in the mood for these matches with our Opta-powered World Cup quiz. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. Croatia have only lost two of their 10 meetings with fellow European nations in the competition (W6 D2), with both of those losses coming against who?
2. Following their 1-0 win against Japan on matchday two, Costa Rica could win consecutive World Cup matches for the first time since when?
3. Morocco are looking to reach the knockout stages of the World Cup for only the second time. When was their first successful foray beyond the group stages?
4. Spain are now unbeaten in their last seven matches at the World Cup (W3 D4) – only once in their history have they had a longer run in the competition without suffering defeat. How many games was that?
5. Hansi Flick is the second manager to fail to win his first two World Cup games in charge of Germany, after who?
2. 2014, against Uruguay and Italy
4. 10 games, between 1998 and 2006.
5. Josef Herberger