The identities of the two remaining World Cup quarter-finalists will become clear on Tuesday, with plenty of big names in action as the round of 16 draws to a close.
Having seen Lionel Messi break his World Cup knockout duck to fire Argentina to the last eight on Saturday, can Cristiano Ronaldo do likewise when Portugal face Switzerland?
Meanwhile, Spain must improve following last week's stunning group-stage loss to Japan to maintain their hopes of replicating their 2010 triumph.
Opponents Morocco, however, are unlikely to make things easy for Luis Enrique's men after claiming positive results against Croatia and Belgium en route to topping Group F.
Get in the mood for the final pair of last-16 fixtures by trying your hand at our Opta-powered World Cup quiz. The answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. Having scored in each of Spain's three Group E fixtures, Alvaro Morata is bidding to become just the second player to net in four consecutive World Cup games for La Roja. Who is currently the only player to do so?
2. Morocco are unbeaten in their last four World Cup games, winning two and drawing two. Can you name the only African team to enjoy a longer such sequence at the tournament, going five without defeat between 1982 and 1990?
3. Spain and Morocco have only met on one previous occasion at the World Cup, playing out a thrilling 2-2 draw in 2018's group stage. Which former Liverpool forward scored a last-minute equaliser for La Roja in that match?
4. Portugal's Bruno Fernandes was directly involved in four goals (two goals, two assists) in the group stage, a tally only matched by two other players at the 2022 World Cup. Who were they?
5. This will be just the second major tournament fixture between Switzerland and Portugal. What was the result when the two sides previously faced off at Euro 2008?
1. David Villa in 2010
2. Cameroon (W2 D3)
3. Iago Aspas
4. Alvaro Morata and Kylian Mbappe
5. Switzerland 2-0 Portugal