Brazil legend Pele back in hospital for treatment on colon tumour

·1-min read
 (AFP via Getty Images)
(AFP via Getty Images)

Pele is back in hospital to under undergo treatment for a colon tumour.

The Brazil legend is in a stable condition and Sao Paulo’s Hospital Albert Einstein where he is staying said on Wednesday that he should be discharged in the next few days.

Pele underwent a surgery to remove a colon tumour in September and spent nearly a month in hospital.

The 81-year-old three-time World Cup winner said at the time that he would need to undergo chemotherapy.

His assistant Pepito Fornos has told The Associated Press that Pele is having chemotherapy sessions to treat the tumor that was found during routine exams at the end of August.

According to Wednesday’s note from the hospital, he is now "continuing" his treatment.

Pele, who is the only player to win the World Cup three times and is Brazil’s all-time leading scorer with 77 goals in 92 games, said on Twitter last month that he was "fine" and feeling better.

Read More

Bayern Munich vs Barcelona: Champions League - LIVE!

Man United vs Young Boys: Champions League - LIVE!

When is the Champions League last 16 draw and who has qualified?

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting