Caroline Manzo has sued Bravo over alleged sexual assault incidents.
Manzo claims that Brandi Glanville forcibly kissed and touched her while filming in Morocco in 2023.
Manzo's attorney told The Daily Beast they were "outraged by Bravo, Peacock and NBC's conduct."
Caroline Manzo, a reality star who has previously appeared on "The Real Housewives of New Jersey," has brought a lawsuit against cable television network Bravo over alleged sexual misconduct incidents that occurred while filming in Morocco last year.
Forest Productions, Warner Bros. Entertainment, NBC Universal Media, Shed Media, and Peacock TV are also listed as defendants in the lawsuit, which was filed in the New York State Supreme Court on Friday.
In the documents, Manzo claimed that she was sexually assaulted by her castmate Brandi Glanville while filming for an episode of the spinoff series "The Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip."
Manzo's suit claims that the defendants "regularly" plied the cast with alcohol and would either "encourage and/or allow them to sexually harass other cast members because that is good for ratings."
The document, seen by Business Insider, says Caroline Manzo was a victim of such behavior.
Manzo alleges in the lawsuit that Glanville sexually assaulted and harassed her on the third day of filming the show. Per the lawsuit, Glanville reportedly kissed Manzo without her consent while mounting her and "humping" her.
After this, the lawsuit states that a "distraught, scared and confused" Manzo left to go to the bathroom where she was cornered by Glanville, who "groped, grabbed, and forcibly fondled Manzo's vagina and breasts."
Manzo, who the suit says was a vicitim of sexual assault as a child, claims that she called for help, which producers heard as they were "listening to the interaction on audio."
It says one came to the bathroom door "but he never opened the door or took any other action to intervene and stop the sexual assault."
The suit goes on to say that rather than showing concern for her well-being, the production crew continued filming her "even though she was in distress from the sexual assaults."
The following day, two members of production are said to have told Manzo that Glanville's behavior was "just her way of showing Manzo love as per Glanville," and they wanted them to meet up again.
The suit adds that Glanville, who has previously appeared on "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," should never have been hired to appear on further series as the shows' bosses "had overwhelming prior notice of Ms. Glanville's prior deviant sexual proclivities and sexually harassing conduct."
"We are outraged by Bravo, Peacock and NBC's conduct and look forward to having the issues decided by a jury," Derek Smith, Manzo's attorney, told the Daily Beast. "Sexual harassment should never be entertainment."
In a statement to Page Six, a representative for Glanville said the lawsuit included "defamatory, false accusations" and that "Brandi followed what the producers asked of her, and there was no sexual assault."
"This painful storytelling seems endless and needs to stop. She is looking to move on and upward and get her life back," they added.
Representatives for Manzo, Glanville, and Bravo did not respond to requests for comment from Business Insider, which were sent outside of regular working hours.
Read the original article on Business Insider