Chinese Super League club Tianjian Quanjian is aiming to lure Diego Costa away from Stamford Bridge with a net salary of £620,000 ($795,000) a week, according to reports.
A deal would see Costa earn £32 million per year ($41 million), making him the highest paid player in the world.
The 28-year-old has been prolific for Antonio Conte’s team this season, scoring 18 goals in 35 appearances in all competitions.
But the goals have significantly dried up since January, when the Chinese club showed interest in taking him to the rising league. He has scored just three times in the league since the turn of the year.
Chelsea leads the Premier League by four points with six games of the season remaining. It faces Tottenham in the semifinal of the FA Cup on Saturday.
World’s Highest-Paid Players (all figures weekly):
1. Carlos Tevez—£615,000 (about $789,000)—Shanghai Shenhua
2. Oscar—£400,000 (about $513,000)—Shanghai SIPG
3. Cristiano Ronaldo—£365,000 (about $468,000)—Real Madrid
4. Gareth Bale—£350,000 (about $449,000)—Real Madrid
5. Lionel Messi—£336,000 (about $431,000)—Barcelona
6. Hulk—£320,000 (about $410,000)—Shanghai SIPG
7. Paul Pogba—£290,000 (about $372,000)—Manchester United
8. Graziano Pelle—£290,000 (about $372,000)—Shandong Luneng
9. Neymar—£275,000 (about $352,000)—Barcelona
10. Wayne Rooney—£260,000 (about $333,000)—Manchester United
More from Newsweek