Chelsea have set their sights on a duo of Serie A players after pledging to spend £105m on Enzo Fernandez, according to reports.
The Blues spent over £200m in the summer as Todd Boehly embarked on his first transfer window as the new owner at Stamford Bridge with the American taking charge of receruitment.
Chelsea have been struggling so far this season with Graham Potter struggling to hit the ground running after replacing Thomas Tuchel in September.
The Blues won 2-0 against Bournemouth on Tuesday to remain in eighth position in the Premier League but they did close the gap on fourth-placed Tottenham to six points.
Boehly is now looking to strengthen further in the January transfer market with numerous players linked to Stamford Bridge already.
And Chelsea are apparently looking at Serie A to do some business with Inter Live claiming that the Blues want AC Milan left-back Theo Hernandez.
It is understood Milan ‘may have to sell’ the France international with Chelsea, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain described as ‘on the trail’.
However, it is the Premier League side who, ‘above all’, ‘would like to close’ a deal for Hernandez ‘immediately, to be sure of being able to sign him at the end of this season’.
Paolo Maldini sees Hernandez as ‘a key player in their eleven and would therefore not want to lose him’ but Milan ‘could not say no to a proposal worth at least’ €80m.
Maldini is said to be ‘already evaluating a possible replacement’ for Hernandez with Stuttgart left-back Borna Sosa in AC Milan’s ‘sights’ but they could also face competition from arch-rivals Inter Milan.
Staying in Milan, Italian newspaper La Repubblica insists that Nicolo Barella is ‘especially popular in the Premier League’ with Chelsea on the ‘front row’ for the Inter midfielder’s signature.
And The Sun claim that Chelsea have already made moves in the transfer market with the Blues and Benfica ‘agreeing’ a £105m fee for World Cup star Fernandez.
There were reports yesterday which claimed the Stamford Bridge outfit had made a bid for the Argentina international but now The Sun insist that Chelsea are ‘willing to pay’ his release clause.
With Manchester United and Liverpool also interested, it is understood that Chelsea ‘have stolen a march and informed Portuguese giants Benfica of their desire to get the deal done’.
The Sun adds:
‘Fernandez has a contract until 2027, with Benfica playing hardball to keep him.
‘But in a meeting with club president Rui Costa and super-agent Jorge Mendes, they were told the mammoth release clause would be no issue.’
The article Chelsea want to sign Serie A duo ‘immediately’ after agreeing fee for World Cup star appeared first on Football365.com.