Chelsea warned off Kyle Walker-Peters bid as Ralph Hasenhuttl responds to £40m transfer speculation

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·1-min read
Chelsea warned off Kyle Walker-Peters bid as Ralph Hasenhuttl responds to £40m transfer speculation
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

Ralph Hasenhuttl has insisted his focus is not on selling players as talk of a Chelsea bid for Kyle Walker-Peters continues.

A right wing-back is on the Blues’ agenda in the final month of the transfer window with Southampton reportedly wanting £40million for the England international.

The manager said on Thursday: “Before we go now through every player who maybe has interest from someone else, we should maybe concentrate on the games ahead.

“The transfer window is now open still for a long time, and this is something that will definitely affect your questions in the future.

“But for me it’s more important to bring the players into the shape to compete in the Premier League, and this is the focus I have.”

Southampton have also been linked with a move for Timo Werner as Chelsea consider letting the German player go - although his former RB Leipzig boss laughed off talk of a move.

Hasenhuttl remarked: “Nice try! But as I said before, I’m not here today to speak about other players.

“We know there are some good players out there. We have our eyes open, the transfer market is open for another 30 days or something.

“That’s too long definitely; we have done well so far, but it doesn’t mean we don’t want to do well again in other positions too. But it’s now a moment to concentrate on the games and this for me is more important.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting