Chelsea are reportedly willing to take their summer transfer spend well over the £300m mark as they look to add a further five players to their squad before the end of the window.
The Blues have already spent nearly £170m on five new players this summer, with Raheem Sterling, Marc Cucurella, Kalidou Koulibaly, Carney Chukwuemeka and Gabriel Slonina all arriving at Stamford Bridge.
But new owner Todd Boehly continues to push for new additions to bolster Thomas Tuchel’s squad.
The Telegraph claim ‘Chelsea are willing to spend over £150m’ on five new players in the remainder of the window.
Chelsea have already agreed a £12.6m deal with Inter Milan for teenager Cesare Casadei, who will become their sixth signing of the summer assuming his medical is completed without a hitch.
Everton star Anthony Gordon is high on their transfer shortlist and they have reportedly had bids of £40m and £45m already rejected by the Toffees.
It’s thought £50m could be enough to persuade them to part with the 21-year-old, and it’s thought both Billy Gilmour and Michy Batshuayi – whom Everton are said be interested in – could be used in exchange.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is another forward heavily linked with a move to west London.
The 33-year-old only joined Barcelona in January, scoring 13 goals in 23 appeareances having been jettisoned from the Arsenal squad by Mikel Arteta for various disciplinary problems.
But Tuchel – whom the Gabon international scored a whopping 79 goals in 95 games under in their time together at Borussia Dortmund – insisted last week that he never had any problems with the striker.
Tuchel said: “I enjoyed working with him a lot, it was a pleasure. I’ve never had any issue.
“Some players stay your players, as you are very close. Auba is one of them players. Even when we played Arsenal, straight away it was a close bond”.
Chelsea are said to have made an opening bid of €27m (£22.8m) for Aubameyang
It’s not clear whether that bid has been rejected or not as yet, but Fabrizio Romano claims there will be ‘new direct contacts on Thursday to discuss personal terms conditions’.
The transfer expert says Aubameyang is ‘focused on Chelsea bid as he wants Champions League football’.
But the priority is still another centre-back and Chelsea haven’t given up hope of signing Wesley Fofana, who is desperate to join Tuchel’s side.
Romano claims the Leicester centre-back has ‘agreed personal terms’ with the Blues with ‘the contract ready in case the two clubs find an agreement’.
The transfer expert added: ‘Chelsea are preparing a new bid as they want Fofana as priority target. Leicester insist on their position. Tough one, but still open.’
So much movement in the transfer market looks likely to lead to exits for a number of current Chelsea stars.
Christian Pulisic’s departure is dependent on incomings, while The Telegraph claim the potential arrival of Fofana will likely see Trevoh Chalobah leave on loan.
The article Chelsea ‘willing to’ spend further £150m on five players as Fofana leads to centre-back exit appeared first on Football365.com.