Conor Benn expects his fight with Chris Eubank Jr to go ahead, despite being "prohibited" by the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) after he failed a drug test.
Saturday's bout at London's O2 Arena was placed in jeopardy on Wednesday after it was revealed Benn had tested positive for female fertility drug clomifene.
The positive sample showed up in one of welterweight fighter Benn's recent tests, leading to the BBBofC to state that the fight was "not in the interests of boxing".
But Benn continued with his preparations as planned on Wednesday by taking part in an open workout session and feels the showdown will go ahead as planned.
"I've not committed any violations and I've not been suspended, so as far as I'm concerned the fight is still going ahead," he told Matchroom's YouTube channel.
"I've signed up to every voluntary anti-doping test under the sun. Throughout my whole career I'm tested and I've always come back negative. I've never had any issues before.
"My team will find out why there has been an initial adverse finding, but as far as I'm concerned the fight is going ahead. I'm a clean athlete and we'll get to the bottom of this."
Matchroom, Benn's representatives, had earlier said his "B sample had yet to be tested, meaning there is no rule violation and he is not suspended".
Benn added that he has spoken to Eubank Jr personally and that both "want the fight to happen for the fans".
However, speaking at his own workout, Eubank Jr said: "There was no phone call [with Benn]. We haven't spoken.
"No phone call. We haven't spoken since this has been announced, and it's a shame you know. But my promoters, his promoters, the BBBofC they are going to sort this out."
The Eubank-Benn rivalry goes back over 30 years, with the fighters' respective fathers – Chris Eubank Sr and Nigel Benn – having fought in 1990 and 1993.
Eubank Sr won the first fight, with the second finishing as a split draw.