New Zealand Warriors are eager to fly to Australia for the resumption of the NRL season but they will not board the plane until a revised schedule is confirmed.
A deal has been agreed with Channel Nine and Fox Sports for the campaign to resume on May 28.
Yet the broadcast partners have not been able to reach an agreement over the structure of the season, which was suspended last month after only two rounds due to the coronavirus crisis.
Chief executive Cameron George says the Warriors are preparing themselves to head to Australia next Sunday, provided they know how the rest of the competition will be played out and are given the green light to enter the country.
"So there's still a lot of water to flow under the bridge for us in the next seven days," George told Channel Nine's Sunday Footy Show.
"Most importantly what we need to find out, and I've guaranteed the players no one gets on the plane until we have information about what the competition looks like.
"Most importantly for these guys is to understand the risk versus reward. That comes back to the players' remuneration. So those discussions are going to clearly fall out of the back of any broadcast deals that are done in the days coming up."
George added that it is not only a decision on scheduling that will determine whether the Warriors will travel as planned.
"As of now we haven't had any exemption [to enter Australia] applied to us so today being Sunday we're still waiting to hear back from the NRL and the federal government of Australia whether we can leave next week or not," George said.
"And whatever the call will be we’ll certainly respect it."