Cristiano Ronaldo transfer latest: Jorge Mendes working on last-chance saloon move to Bundesliga

·3-min read
Cristiano Ronaldo Man Utd August 2022 Credit: PA Images
Cristiano Ronaldo Man Utd August 2022 Credit: PA Images

Jorge Mendes is working on last-chance saloon move out of Manchester United to Borussia Dortmund for Cristiano Ronaldo, claims a report.

Despite being involved in United’s first two games of the season – in fact he started in the 4-0 defeat at Brentford – Ronaldo still wants out. The 37-year-old is chasing Champions League football and wants a move before the September 1 transfer deadline.

The United icon is also said to have “reasons” for moving his family from Manchester, according to The Times. But Ronaldo himself this week claimed only a handful of news stories about him this summer had been correct.

“They know the truth when they interview in couple of weeks,” Ronaldo said. “The media is telling lies.

“I have a notebook and in the last few months of the 100 news I made, only 5 of them were right.”

Still, the former Real Madrid and Juventus star is focused on leaving and Mendes is actively working on a move. That move could be to Dortmund with a number of other options already having gone.

CBS Sports report Ronaldo is not convinced by Erik ten Hag’s tactics or methods. That has led Mendes to the German club after openings at Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid and AC Milan all closed.

The report details sources close to Ronaldo saying Dortmund is now viewed as Ronaldo’s “last option” with Mendes desperate to get a deal in place.

An emotional return to Portugal with Sporting has been ruled out due to finances. But Ronaldo apparently has no desire to return to the club where he started his career. And manager Ruben Amorim is firmly against the move.

A move to Germany seems to be the only lifeline left for Ronaldo and he is “open” to the idea.

Joel Glazer opposing Ronaldo sale

The club would be a good fit in the fact that they have Champions League football and it gives Ronaldo the chance to become the first player to win a domestic league title in England, Spain, Italy and Germany.

A loan and permanent deal are being offered by Mendes. Dortmund officials are holding internal talks to discuss the possibility of landing the Portugal star.

United boss Ten Hag is thought to have softened his stance regarding Ronaldo and will now welcome his exit.

United officially maintain that the striker is not for sale. But behind the scenes John Murtough and Co believe a parting of the ways would be the best solution.

The report claims Joel Glazer is the man who remains keen to keep Ronaldo from a financial point of view. Glazer, 55, has continued to highlight Ronaldo’s commercial worth during internal discussions. And he does not want that revenue stream to disappear in the next two weeks.

READ MORE: Leading James Garner suitor named as four clubs push to sign Man Utd starlet on permanent deal

The article Cristiano Ronaldo transfer latest: Jorge Mendes working on last-chance saloon move to Bundesliga appeared first on Teamtalk.com.