Dancing with the Stars professional dancer Witney Carson will not return for season 32 of the hit show.
Taking to TikTok on Sunday (August 27) to share the news with fans, Witney said she won't be taking part in the upcoming season, which is set to air this autumn.
Witney cited her young family as the reason she and her husband Carson McAllister decided to drop out of season 32.
"This was not a decision that we took lightly at all. But we will not be doing Dancing with the Stars this season," she shared. "And as much as that pains me to say, I just feel very at peace with it."
Since giving birth to her second son in May, Witney said moving her whole family across the country to make the show "was not for us". She also admitted she doesn't feel physically ready for the amount of work required to participate in Dancing with the Stars.
"I also feel like I'm not quite mentally and physically ready for what the show calls for," Witney said. "I definitely think this is just a break. I hope it's not a goodbye.
"But for now, we will be their number one cheerleader watching."
After getting her break as a contestant on So You Think You Can Dance, Witney joined Dancing with the Stars in 2014 for its 18th season, coming in third place last season with partner Wayne Brady.
Witney isn't the only star exiting the show for its 32nd outing, as host Tyra Banks has stepped down after previously teasing she would do so earlier this year. Julianne Hough and Alfonso Ribeiro will take over hosting duties following Tyra's exit.
Also retired from the show are professionals Mark Ballas and Cheryl Burke, who bowed out at the end of season 31.
Dancing with the Stars streams live on Disney+ in the US.
You Might Also Like