British heavyweights Daniel Dubois and Joe Joyce will fight behind closed doors in November or early December, promoter Frank Warren has said.
The two boxers had been scheduled to clash in April, July and October, but each time the fight has been cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Warren, who has yet to confirm the venue, believes the winner will be in prime position for a world-title shot.
“It really is winner-takes-all,” said Warren. “In Daniel, you have a 23-year-old lad, who most in world boxing consider to be the hottest young prospect in the heavyweight division.
Huge credit to both fighters and their teams for helping us get this incredible fight over the line.
More details to follow 🥊 pic.twitter.com/T5MEP8WoeB
— Frank Warren (@frankwarren_tv) October 2, 2020
“If he can do to Joe Joyce what he’s done to the 15 men that came before him, he’ll be ready to go for a world title in my opinion.
“Joe might be a little older than Daniel, but in my books he’s every bit as exciting a prospect.”
Dubois has a 15-0 record, which includes 14 knock-outs, while Joyce, 35, is undefeated in 11 fights, with 10 knock-outs.
Warren added: “It’s the biggest domestic heavyweight clash in years and it’s testament to the character of both fighters that they are willing to step up and take the fight on even with all the restrictions and obstacles in their way.”