David Miller believes South Africa will still be a threat at T20 WC despite series loss in India

Getty Images

Miller struck a blistering century (106 not out off 47 balls) but it wasn't enough as the Proteas went down by 16 runs in the second T20 in Guwahati on Sunday chasing a target of 238. India now have an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series following an eight-wicket victory in the first game last Wednesday. Speaking after the game, Miller said Australia had similar struggles with results heading into last year's T20 World Cup but still won the trophy. The 33-year-old left-hander batter said: "There's a lot of stories in the past with one being Australia not doing too well before the World Cup, and then they end up winning the World Cup. So I don't think it's too much to worry about. "We've built up a really good squad over the last year and a half. We get on really well with each other. We've linked in nicely, great partnerships. We've won a lot of series last year. "To have lost the series tonight was obviously very disappointing, but in the past we've really competed well and at least we can walk away with our heads held high, but it is still disappointing losing the series." The tourists will still have the final T20 against India in Indore on Tuesday to find some winning form before taking on the hosts in three ODIs. They will then fly directly to Australia for the T20 World Cup that gets underway on 16 October with the Proteas' first game at the tournament scheduled for 24 October.

The article David Miller believes South Africa will still be a threat at T20 WC despite series loss in India appeared first on Planetsport.com.