Advertisement

Drake Bell To Open Up About Alleged Abuse By Nickelodeon Dialogue Coach Brian Peck

Former Drake & Josh star Drake Bell is set to share publicly claims he was abused by Brian Peck who worked as a dialogue coach on Nickelodeon’s All That and The Amanda Show. Bell starred in the latter from 1999-2002 and, according to Investigation Discovery, will feature in the upcoming docuseries Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV.

ID on Tuesday dropped a new teaser for Quiet on Set in which Bell appears, but does not speak. A press release says the actor “will be sharing publicly, for the first time, the story of the abuse he suffered at the hands of Brian Peck, his former dialogue coach who was convicted in 2004 for his crimes against Drake and ordered to register as a sex offender.” Watch the teaser below.

More from Deadline

Quiet on Set is a four-part docuseries that is billed as uncovering “the toxic and dangerous culture behind some of the most iconic children’s shows of the late 1990s and early 2000s.” According to ID, “It pulls back the curtain on an empire, built by creator Dan Schneider, that had an undeniable grip on popular culture.” The docuseries “reveals  an insidious environment rife with allegations of abuse, sexism, racism, and inappropriate dynamics with its underage stars and crew.”

New allegations by Nickelodeon alums were revealed in a trailer that dropped last month, including from former All That cast members Giovonnie Samuels, Kyle Sullivan, Bryan Hearne and Katrina Johnson and director Virgil Fabian. Boy Meets World alums Will Friedle and Rider Strong recently opened up about the experiences they had while on that ABC show with Peck.

Bell, who co-starred in Nickelodeon’s Drake & Josh for four seasons from 2004-2007, made headlines in 2021 when he was sentenced to two years’ probation and community service after pleading guilty to charges stemming from his sexually explicit online conduct in 2017 with an underage fan. Bell later said he did not know the age of the fan at the time of their virtual communication and that “all conversation and communication stopped” when he became aware.

Quiet on Set, which will run over two consecutive nights beginning March 17,  is directed by Mary Robertson and Emma Schwartz and produced by Maxine Productions and Sony Pictures Television – Nonfiction in association with Business Insider.

Here’s the new teaser:

Best of Deadline

Sign up for Deadline's Newsletter. For the latest news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.