Eden Hazard has said he wants answers over Chelsea’s immediate future as uncertainty continues to swirl around the club in a potentially seismic summer.
Hazard, who has been repeatedly linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge, said he “wants to know” if there have been any changes in the club’s attempts to resolve their unsettled managerial situation.
The Belgian said last month that he would wait to see which players Chelsea sign this summer before making a decision on his future in west London.
READ MORE: Man City close to sealing £60m signing
READ MORE: Chelsea to ramp up efforts to secure Sarri
At a press conference ahead of his country’s friendly with Costa Rica on Monday evening, he reiterated his desire to see the club make signings this summer.
Asked if his decision to stay at Chelsea would be dependant on the managerial situation and the arrival of new players, Hazard said: “Yeah, I want to know.
“If we have something new, a manager or players, it is always good to know because I want to see which players can be at Chelsea next season. But, to be fair, the transfer market is not open yet, so we will see after.”
Chelsea, who finished fifth in the Premier League but won the FA Cup, have yet to begin their transfer business this summer, despite a busy start to the domestic off-season by rivals Manchester United and Liverpool.
United have agreed a £52 million deal to sign Brazilian midfielder Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk and Liverpool have spent £44 million on Monaco’s Fabinho.
Hazard, who is the Belgium captain, said he was focusing his energy on the World Cup, which starts later this week.
“We had a bad season with Chelsea,” he said. “We won the FA Cup at the end, so it was a little bit better, but I am only focused on the World Cup. I let the board manage Chelsea in the best way they can.”
The Daily Telegraph revealed last week that Antonio Conte, the Chelsea head coach who is expected to leave the club this summer, faces the threat of having to wait even longer to discover his future while Real Madrid search for a new manager following the resignation of Zinedine Zidane.
Chelsea have delayed the decision on whether to sack Conte as they are reluctant to pay the Italian compensation fees of £9 million. There would be no compensation if Conte walked straight into another job.
The situation at the club has been made more uneasy due to the visa complications which forced Roman Abramovich, the owner, to shelve plans to build a new £1 billion stadium, raising fears over the Russian’s commitment to invest in the club.