This prestigious annual publication is a must-have for those seeking the finest pints and unique pub experiences across the UK.
Published annually, this guide serves as the ultimate compass for navigating the nation's pubs, uncovering hidden gems, and enjoying the perfect brew.
To mark its 51st edition, the guide features a striking cover and a foreword from none other than Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson, adding a touch of rock 'n' roll to the beer world.
Here's a closer look at what's brewing in this year's guide and the Lewisham pubs that have made the cut.
Hare & Billet
• Address: 1A Eliot Cottages, Hare & Billet Road, SE3 0QJ
• Historical Charm: Dating back to at least 1732, this inn boasts contemporary decor with stripped natural-finish wood cladding and scenic views over Hare and Billet Pond.
• Address: 184 Brockley Road, SE4 2RR
• Former canal: This popular Wetherspoon chain pub near the railway station offers a variety of seating spaces and a small courtyard for summer enjoyment. The name recalls the former Croydon Canal, now replaced by a railway line.
• Address: Randlesdown Road, SE6 3BT
• Historic Gem: A Grade II-listed 1920s pub designed by FG Newnham, it has been lovingly restored, preserving its historic wood panelling, Tudor arched fireplaces, and more. Downstairs, you'll find a beautifully restored Art Deco cinema.
London Beer Dispensary
• Address: 389 Brockley Road, SE4
• Craft Beer Haven: This Beer Dispensary outlet by Southey brewery offers a selection of craft beers, including guest brews, and welcomes families with children until the evening. Food is available in partnership with a neighbouring pizzeria.
Dog & Bell
• Address: 116 Prince Street, SE8 3JD
• Guide Stalwart: A beloved traditional pub for over 30 years, it recently expanded to accommodate more patrons. With its real fire and diverse clientele, it's a local favourite. Regular beer festivals are often themed around the UK patron saints’ days.
• Address: 460 New Cross Road, SE14 6TJ
• Victorian Elegance: This Victorian inn, now managed by Portobello brewery, retains its original charm with etched-glass windows, wood panelling, and chesterfield sofas. From quiz nights to comedy shows and live jazz sessions, there's always something happening here.
• Address: 9 Lewisham Way, SE14 6PP
• New Kid on the Block: Opened in 2022, this micropub offers craft beers, cider, wine, and spirits. An upstairs area hosts exhibitions and events showcasing local talent.
Blythe Hill Tavern
• Address: 319 Stanstead Road, SE23 1JB
• Multiple Award Winner: This Grade II-listed Victorian local boasts a unique three-bar layout, a wide selection of ciders, live Irish music, and ample outdoor seating. It has been identified by CAMRA as having a nationally important historic pub interior.
So, raise your glass and embark on a pub-hopping adventure through Lewisham's finest establishments.