Dortmund’s Champions League quarter-final first leg against Monaco was postponed until Wednesday evening, at 5:45pm, after the bus carrying the German club to Signal Iduna Park came under attack.
- [Earlier: Dortmund game postponed after explosion injures Bartra]
- [VIDEO: Monaco fans chant in support of Dortmund inside stadium]
- [Dortmund residents offer spare beds to Monaco fans]
- [Football community rallies round Bartra]
- [What we know, and what we don't know about blasts]
- [Goalkeeper Burki relives moment Bartra was struck by glass]
Bartra was the only individual hurt in the three explosions and was taken to hospital. Dortmund confirmed he is undergoing surgery to repair a fracture and remove debris.
Dortmund spokesman Sascha Fligge said:
Bartra is undergoing surgery right now. He has a broken radial bone in his right wrist. He has several foreign objects in his arm. The team has been on the phone with me. Everyone's shocked, their thoughts are with Marc. The schedule does not allow another option to play this match. We hope that the BVB family closes ranks to play this difficult match.
Police have so far released few details about the motivation for the attack, but police chief Gregor Lange said it was a "targeted assault on the team of Borussia Dortmund”.
The police have found a letter which "takes responsibility for the act" which is currently being examined. They say the blasts were a targeted attack against the club using "serious explosives".
State prosecutor Sandra Luecke said the letter found near the blast site was being examined. She declined to provide details about the contents of the letter.
Read the full article on eurosport.co.uk: Dortmund confirm Bartra surgery; Police describe 'targeted assault'