Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
This fruit-filled vegan smash cake, complete with coconut frosting, is perfect for your toddler’s birthday — or any celebration. Your little one can dig into this gluten-free treat with their hands. After all, every kid deserves to make a sticky mess to usher in a milestone. Here’s how parents can perfect this super-easy recipe.
2 cups gluten-free baking flour
3/4 cups grated carrot
1/4 cup mashed banana
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Chilled coconut milk
Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
2. Combine the wet ingredients (except the vanilla paste) in a blender. Add the grated carrots and eggs. Blend until smooth.
3. Add the mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix together thoroughly to create the cake batter.
4. Place the batter in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. (Spread the batter across two baking dishes to make a double layer cake.)
5. While the cake is baking, make the frosting. Pour the coconut milk into a bowl and whisk until fluffy. Add the vanilla paste, then mix and add organic icing sugar gradually until the frosting is the desired consistency.
6. When the cake is cool, layer on the coconut frosting. Top with sprinkles.
If you enjoyed this story, you might like to read about where to shop for more coffee online.
More from In The Know:
The post Even your toddler will love this gluten-free, fruit-filled smash cake — seriously appeared first on In The Know.