Everton insist they haven’t broken FFP rules after Leeds and Burnley write to Premier League

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·2-min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
Goodison Park Credit: PA Images
Goodison Park Credit: PA Images

Everton have insisted they have not broken any Financial Fair Play rules despite both Leeds and Burnley writing to the Premier League claiming they have.

The Times revealed on Friday afternoon that the Leeds and Burnley have contacted the Premier League over a potential claim for substantial damages.

Lampard deserves a proper chance, pitch invasion solutions and greedy Liverpool fans…

The Toffees secured their Premier League status for next season with a superb comeback win over Crystal Palace on Thursday evening.

The results leaves Leeds and Burnley to fight it out on the final day to secure the remaining spot in the Premier League for next season. The Whites must better the Clarets result on Sunday to stay up.

The two clubs reportedly wrote to the league last week to question whether or not Everton had broken the FFP rules after recording losses of £371.8million over the last three years.

Clubs are currently allowed to make losses of £105million over the three year spell, however, some losses are allowed to be wiped off as a result of the Covid pandemic.

Everton have now insisted that they have not broken any rules and that that if any clubs wish to take legal action, that is thier decision.

As quotes by Sky Sports, an Everton spokesman said: “We have worked closely with the Premier League to make sure we are compliant. We are comfortable we have complied with the rules.

“External auditors have told us what we can and cannot claim against the pandemic. If clubs want to take legal action that’s their decision.”

Meanwhile, after beating off the threat of relegation, Everton boss Frank Lampard has revealed he is already thinking about building for next season. 

“It has obviously been second on the list of priorities because we had to get this (avoiding relegation) done,” he said.

“Now we will quickly continue to think about that because we have to take the club forward. We have to improve. I have to improve.

“I didn’t have a pre-season and now I and my staff do. Can we make the squad stronger and more balanced? I believe we can, and there will be things we will look at and it is important that we look at them quickly.

“We have Kevin Thelwell (the new director of football) now, we have the board who are interested in getting the best out of the club.

“We don’t want to be here next season, but we understand if we don’t make positive moves it could be possible, so we will be ready to move on that quickly.”

The article Everton insist they haven’t broken FFP rules after Leeds and Burnley write to Premier League appeared first on Football365.com.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting